Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mexican Food ,Margaritas, & My Best Friend

Andi has been my best friend since 6th grade. The first day of junior high I spotted this new girl who looked a lil' lost. I attended Laverne from K-12 and since our elementary school and junior high/high school building is attached with a short ''breezeway'' I had a pretty good idea of where everything was. I decided to help her out. My very first word to my best friend were along the lines of, ''Hi, are you in sixth grade? Come with me''. I didn't have a clue at the time that we would become friends..let alone that six years after we graduated we would be best friends(still). From that point our friendship started growing. I love Andrea. She has a great, witty, sarcastic sense of humor. We have spent so much time just sitting and laughing over the dumbest stuff. She is halarious when you get her in an akward situation. She has been there for me at all of my lowest points...no matter what. When I don't take her good advice and she is right she doesn't say I told you so. Instead she cracks a joke to get me laughing or brings me something she knows I love. We have the same love for music. We have a ton of music based memories from Warped Tour to a driving ''Heya'' dance routine. She once threatened to beat some guys ass for throwing me into the mosh pit at a FallOutBoy concert during ''Grand Theft Auto'' which resulted in my gum getting busted open and bleeding everywhere. She is 5'2''. I love getting random text messages from her with lyrics of our favorite songs. She is THE smartest person I know. She graduated from OU with a psycology degree. It's halarious when people tell her,''you know what kind of job you can get with a psycology degree? A job at Wal-Mart''(though she probably doesn't think so). But she's not satisfied with having just a degree she is working on graduate school right now so she can USE her degree for what she loves. She actually has a job right now where she uses it. I am so proud of her! Anyhow...Today is her birthday. We celebrated yesterday at Casa Sotos with margaritas and a chongo ( cheesecake things with ice cream, whip cream, & chocolate and strawberry syrup). Mmmm...if you've never had one you should try it. It was great to hang out and catch up. The only thing that could of made it better is watching Garden State or listening to some Taking Back Sunday, Brand New, or The Used...but we can do that next time. Happy Birthday Andi!



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment