If you're reading this chances are you probably already know baby #3 is another little lady. You probably also know that it was a little to Bobby and mines dismay. Of course, we were not upset to have another wonderful daughter, but more of sad we won't ever experience having a son...and for me that all three of our girls will never have a brother. Now our excitement has overcome any other feelings we may have had. Our ultrasound tech and doctor have commented several times how active she is and that's the truth. She kicks nearly all day and night. I have even been able to see her kicks for a week or two now! She measured a week ahead and I keep hoping this means she will be a big healthy baby. We used both of our girl names on Raid and Pait so we've been enjoying going through names again(I say we that may just be me, but Bobby doesn't seem to mind). We haven't really started preparing for her yet, but to be honest most of our preparing will be buying diapers and going to my parents to go through boxes and boxes of the girls' clothes. With less pressure to restock on a carseat and clothes we will have more to put into the nursery. I know its an unimportant detail, but it might as well be pretty. We are very curious to weather this third girl will look a lot like Josie and Jewels or not. Since the girls are fraternal and aren't genetically predisposed to look any more alike than siblings born from different pregnancies we wonder if this means anything for her. The first question we get about the girls is always "identical, right?". So I guess in four months we will find out! Raid and Pait sort of know that there is a baby. They point to my belly when I ask where the baby is and their bellies when I ask where their belly is. So they don't have baby and belly confused at least. They call their dolls 'baby' and even point out babies when they see them. Now if this is anywhere near preparing them for an actual baby we will see. I'm guessing not. I don't know how they will handle another child, but they've never been only children. We're hoping somehow this is to our advantage. They are becoming more nurturing and actually play with their dolls as if they were taking care of them. They carry them around with blankets, rock them in the chair, push them in the strollers, lay them down with animals and blankets, and even make sure they have diapers on. The girls are growing in so many ways. Everyday now they say something new. Most of the time they are even phrases or sentences. We've heard "here ya go, baby", "love you too", "Ali get down", "don't wanna go", " gotta go", "can't do it", "please", "need up", and "where is it". If I catch them in the right mood they will even repeat back the abc's to me, well the best they can. Toddler beds are going, some nights better than others. We hadn't been doing too bad with mattresses on the floor next to each other. So we thought we'd take it to the next level, putting their mattresses in frames across the room from each other. That was a bad idea. We finally figured out the trick is having their beds together. Paiten sleeps just fine without Raiden, but Raiden wants to sleep with Paiten. Whatever works, right? Bobby has been a huge lifesaver when it comes to bedtime. When he goes in and lays them back down they go straight to sleep. The girls love Axil. They call him "Axey". They carry him everywhere, lay with him on the floor, wrestle him, and love it when he chases them. He takes all the loving(abuse) well, which is what we wanted (a small dog that was raised not knowing anything different than being around our kids). The more time we spend outside the more I realize they aren't the type to worry about being dirty, which is good for the not so girly type as myself. We have clothes that are specifically for outside play and a bath is usually in order the second we walk back in the door. Their favorite time to play outside is in the evening when its not 100+ degrees out and daddy is home. We have several dirt patches in our backyard that they just lay in and dig at. They think sidewalk chalk is cool, but the powder left behind is even cooler. They like to reach through our neighbors fence and play with her rocks and for some reason are bound and determined to throw their balls into her yard. They are far from success thus far. I'd tell you they have different intrests, but right now they are really into whatever the other does. I'm really wondering how much or little this aspect will change in the coming years. I do have one more thing to mention. We are super excited Kelsi and Robbie will be moving to Ft. Collins soon! I've already been perusing the direct 40 minute flights to Denver! It will be nice having them so much closer. Until next time I feel the blog deserves some of my time I hope life is treating you well! :)
Rolling around in the dirt.
The girls sleep with their "kitty kitty"s every night and when Bobby falls asleep on the couch they always sit one next to him. :)
Pait covered in chalk, not bruises.
Try, try again is their motto.
This never happens, so I had to post this picture(no matter how unflattering or blurry).
My tiny backyard flash mob breaking it down.
Raid and her "don't tell me what to do, Mom" face.
Our poor backyard. At least the girls enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment