Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Laundry Mat Blogging

I don't mind doing laundry...I can just throw it in and do other things. But that's not the case when doing it in a laundry mat. All there really is to do is watch your own underware twirling around in the washer...And hope the other people aren't doing the same. But our clothes have to be washed one way or another. So since I have a minute(or more like a couple hours)I'll fill you in on all of the latest Barton news. Saturday evening we had Bob, Terry, an Sarah over for dinner. It was really nice. I think the last time we had got together like that was last time the Young's were down. So it's been awhile. They got there early to play with the girls. That always makes getting dinner together go alot faster. We had steaks, corn on the cob, potatoes baked with butter, salt, & pepper, pasta salad, texas toothpicks, and cheesecake. The steaks were amazing. Bobby is a very good cook, but I'm a huge fan of anything he grills. We bought the steaks from the little grocery store here in town. We heard nothing but rave reviews from all the locals about the meats from Decks. So far we have not been let down. Over dinner Sarah told us about her trips to Wales and China. The girls enjoyed having guests to watch them laugh and play while eating. Afterwards, Terry gave them baths. This is my favorite time of day...I think it's the girls too. Bath time has became alot more fun since the last time Terry had gave them one. I was happy she got to see the excitement of it. I think everyone had a good time. I know that we did. Sunday, Bobby and I went to the river with some friends. It was nice seeing Suzi(Bobby's Suzki Samuri)up and running again. We had a long, fun, sandy day. The girls got to go see G-ma and Grandpa Bob while we were gone. All of us were tuckered out from playing by the time we got home though! The girls are still teasing me with this whole walking thing. One day they will string all these steps together over and over. The next the won't take any unassisted steps. Raiden did walk about two feet on her own the other night. Paiten will walk between two objects that are about a foot and a half away from each other. Any farther than that though and she will just crawl. I keep thinking that one day soon they will just take off, but I guess we will just wait and see. Kelsi and Robbie's wedding is this Saturday! I was really hoping they'd be walking before it since they are flowergirls. But that's okay. We will be flying out bright and early tomorrow morning. This will be our first time to fly with the girls. I'm hoping since we have short flights and a longer layover it will somehow work out to our advantage. I am SUPER excited to be going to Idaho! My number one reason is,of course, to see my sister and be apart of her and Robbie's wedding! I am very proud of her....And her happieness almost makes me forget how Robbie moved her to Idaho...almost.;) JK, Kels! But I am very excited to be seeing them getting married. =)Ecspecially, since I will have an upclose view of it all! Kelsi and Robbie also have another neice, who is two weeks older than the girls, I think it will be fun watching them interact with someone so close to the same age. A short break from this 100+degree weather will be nice too! Also, my grandparents used to live in Idaho...way, way, way back*...you know when my mom was born. Hehe. But my grandparents have always talked so fondly of Idaho so I am beyond ready to see it! Well, my laundry is done. I have officially met my first Thomasian/Thomasinite(?), caught up on my facebook stalking(haha), google searched everything I could possibly think of(e.g. Amelia Earhart, Shark Week, Eat, Pray, Love the book, apps) and read my fair share of STFU, Parents blog for the day. Now I'm off to play with the girls, reward myself with a pedicure, pack, and worry about what I have forgotten to pack! Have a great week! *I really don't think my mom is old. Just giving her a hard time.=) - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment